Tuesday, June 14, 2011

ABC of Techniques --E is for embossing


Tuesday is the day I will try to post a new technique, each week. I am making an ABC of techniques book, so I will also feature a letter each week. This week I am working on E for embossing, and I will show you how to emboss paperclips. Try it out, and see how you like it.

Materials to emboss paperclips:
paperclips
versamark ink
embossing powder
embossing gun or blow dryer
wax paper
tweezers



Instructions:
1.) "Wet" your paperclip with versamark ink, I did each side of the paperclip

2.) Cover your paperclip with embossing powder

3.) Place the powdered paperclip onto the wax paper and heat it up with your embossing gun (or blow dryer) until the powder melts. Use the tweezers to pick up the paperclip and turn it over, then heat it up again.
Repeat two or three times until you achieve the desired effect. Then you can take it a step further and add a cute embellishment to your paperclip! This is a great way to create embellishments to match your layouts! Happy Scrapping! Be sure to come back next week to see another technique! Please leave me a comment, so I know how you liked this technique and /or to provide me with any tips you might have about this or any other technique.


No comments:

Post a Comment