Friday, March 12, 2010
I absolutely love to draw. I was blessed with a gift (I guess). If I can see it in my minds' eye, then I can make/draw/create it. Many people think that they absolutely CAN NOT DRAW! I'm here to tell you that is not true! You can make anything, using simple shapes, a pencil and an eraser. Today I will walk you through drawing a cute face. It is really pretty easy, so give it a try!
1) Draw 3 frowny smiles on your face - 2 beside each other and one a little below and between the 2 frowns you just drew.
2) Draw 2 more frowns...left to right and above the first 2 frowns you made (that are beside each other)(eyes) Then draw a sideways V coming out of the outside corner of each eye
3) Draw a V underneath the lower frown, connecting the left and right side of the frown(nose)
4) Draw a W underneath the nose, connecting it with the point of the V you just drew(mouth)
5) Draw a rectangle underneath the W, connecting the spots to the left and right of the middle
section of the mouth (teeth)
6) Draw an odd number of dots to the left and right of the nose (whiskers)
7) Color in the nose and draw a circle inside each eye and color those too
8) Take a white uniball gel pen, or some white paint and place one dot in each eye and a tiny line across the nose, to create dimension
9) Draw 2 more frowns above each eye for eyebrows
Wallah! A cute face! Follow the pictures for an easy tutorial. If this is difficult to understand, please let me know. I can just "do" stuff, but I have a hard time explaining how to do it, so I'm working on that skill now, with your help. Thanks for looking! Tell your friends about my blog and come back soon!
Posted by Scraprincess7 at 8:08 AM
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
I am in several online scrapbooking groups where we trade supplies and play some fun games. In one group we are playing a game called Easter Rak Splat. You create some fun containers and fill them with candy, ribbon, buttons, or whatever else you can think of and mail them to another member of the group. Yesterday I spent the afternoon making some bunnies out of empty toilet paper tubes (it's amazing how fast we go through a roll of toilet paper with 7-9 people here everyday). I also decorated some coffee cups to go, and altered a little tin. Fun, quick, easy and a great way to use up some scrap paper.
I got to thinking, you can make almost anything out of a toilet paper tube! I may work on some leprechauns today! Come back soon, to see what else I've made!
Posted by Scraprincess7 at 8:46 AM